Posts Tagged ‘Michael Jackson’
Conrad Murray Complains Of Inhumane Treatment
Remember Dr. Conrad Murray? He is the now notorious doctor who was convicted of causing the death of Michael Jackson. The doctor was providing the sedative Propofol without using the proper equipment, methods, and environment for monitoring and constant care. This was allegedly the doctor’s way of curing insomnia.
Conrad Murray Would Like To Be Free While He Files His Appeals
Murray was found guilty after the state proved that he had recklessly administered a strong anesthetic drug to Jackson to help him sleep. The trial only lasted a few weeks, and deliberations only took a couple of days. Sentencing happened a short time after. Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor sentenced Murray to the maximum four years in prison.
Conrad Murray Is Found Guilty
The jury spent less than two full days in deliberations, buzzing the judge at about 11:00 AM to let them know they had reached a verdict.
The verdict was read at 1:00 PM Pacific/4:00 PM Eastern.
The jury found Dr. Conrad Murray GUILTY of involuntary manslaughter.
Jury To Begin Deliberations In Conrad Murray Case Today
The jury listened to the experts from both sides, including two experts for each side testifying about the use and dangers of Propofol. The defense says that Michael Jackson self administered the Propofol resulting in his death. The prosecution says that Dr. Murray is responsible for ensuring the proper use of the Propofol, and the safety of his patient.
Conrad Murray Trial LIVE
- Accused of killing Michael Jackson with an overdose of the drug Propofol
- Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Death of Michael Jackson occurred June 25, 2009
- Jurors will not be sequestered
- Jury is comprised of 7 men and 5 women
- Read the jury questionnaire here
- Trial is expected to last about 5 weeks (through October)
- Maximum Sentence is 4 years in prison if found Guilty
- Read the full Michael Jackson autopsy report here